Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Trusting the (Healing) Process

“You have to Trust the Process”. I thought about the above statement for a couple of days. What does it mean to trust the process? How do we trust the process, and what is it? For me, trusting the healing process is trusting and believing that the Creator knows what to do and how to do it, not I. Trusting the healing process means that the Creator is teaching us that our worth and value is never in question, even if we have been hurt, have hurt ourselves, have been divorced, been abused, fired from our jobs, etc. I have to trust that even in the midst of my mistakes my value is still there, it does not diminish; it cannot and does not fade away. I trust that the process does not always feel good. The healing process involves old, sore, painful wounds to be brought to the surface and they have to be brought up so God can heal them, so you can forgive others and yourself. Trusting the process involves much forgiveness. I see why Jesus told the man who asked about forgiveness to forgive 70 times 7. We all need much more mercy than we have. My healing process is an opportunity to forgive others I have been holding for 2 years, 10 years, and some people I didn’t even know I was holding. People like the little boy who called me, “Nigger” when I was nine year old. Do you know I was still angry with him? You see God has to heal all my old and new soul wounds because this is what the healing process involves. The healing process will bring up some junk, some things you have tried to repress. The healing process will also heal my feelings of rejection. I have just exited an unhealthy relationship and I feel rejected, betrayed and lied to and this process does not feel good. Yet I know God will heal every part of me because the loving healing process has enough room to consume all of life’s pains. The Bible says, “Love conquers a multitude of sins”, a multitude of hurts, a multitude of mistakes. Love is our spiritual healer and we have to trust that Love is enough. Because Love created everything in existence, everything in nature, it created us and because it created us, it can re-create us again and again. Love heals, old soul wounds, new soul wounds; it heals- not in your time, not on the world’s time, but on God’s time. How many mistakes and wrong deeds have taken place all because we became impatient? Impatience spoils good plans, spoils Love’s plans. Impatience kills faith and hope and blessings, and eventually hurts the human spirit and emotional body; all because we could not wait on God’s time we got with another man. All because you could not wait on God’s time you got with the fine sister with the big booty when you had been praying for a wife. All because we could not wait on God’s healing timeline we entered into a new relationship to get over the last one and now we are sitting here hurt, again. I notice when I physically move fast, rushing to get to my car because I’m late for work I accidently smash my finger or drop the book in my hand or trip over the extension cord because I’m not taking my time, and that is the same thing that happens when we don’t wait on God; we start to do things on our time and then when inevitably hurt ourselves and most likely someone else. All because we were impatient. Love is patient. She is so patient that she will allow you to smash your hand, yell at the car in front of you because you had bad time management, trip over the extension cord and then let you fall. Love will patiently wait while you enter into an unhealthy relationship all because of your fears of being alone, she will just wait. Then when you have bumped your head enough and are tired enough she will teach how to move slowly, she will teach you to be patient. Moving at the speed of impatience is harmful to everyone involved. The healing process involves trusting that God’s time is sufficient and perfect, trusting the process means processing old soul wounds and fresh new wounds. Trusting the process means that the Creator is always in love with you, even when the circumstances try to prove otherwise. Trusting the process means that you trust who and what God says you are- perfect, irreplaceable, a walking miracle, good. That I trust. And even when I don’t trust, Love covers mistrust. Love is always trusting us. Dinah Clark/Miss D.

2 comments:

  1. "Moving at the speed of impatience is harmful to everyone involved." Dinah, you are waxing more and more eloquent every day! Hey, is some of this coming out in your recent poetry also? When can I see some?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cchallenge. I have not wrote any new poetry, I have some older pieces. I will have to post some soon. Thank you for reading my blog!

      Delete